The April Membership meeting will be on April 1, 2021 at 6:30pm. Under guidance of Preston Administration and Texas PTA, this Preston Elementary PTA Membership meeting will utilize Zoom for the meeting.
In this meeting, we will review previous reports, budget amendments, elect the officers for the 2021-2022 Executive Board, discuss the upcoming Attendance Credit Election, and conduct other business.
- To receive the Zoom Meeting ID and Password, please RSVP. Registration for the meeting closes tomorrow (March 30, 2021). The Zoom information will be sent on March 31, 2021 to the email address provided in the form. When attending the meeting, your PTA registered name should be visible along with your membership status denoted as an (M). Ex: (M) Brooke Eung
- The Membership meeting will be conducted utilizing the Texas PTA Meeting Rules. Please reference this website for questions or information regarding the procedure of the meeting. The voting process will follow the protocols of a verbalized affirmative or negative for all motions presented unless ballot voting is required.
As part of this April meeting, the Preston PTA Bylaws indicate the requirement to conduct elections for the following year. This is the current slate of Officers proposed by the Nominating Committee:
- President: Brooke Eung
- 1st VP of Membership: Payal Patel
- 2nd VP of Programs: Maura Anderson
- 3rd VP of Ways and Means: Amy O’Brien
- Secretary: Alexandra Paterson
- Treasurer: Kelli Lyons
The Preston Elementary PTA Executive Board voted to require notice of intent to run from the floor at least 5 days prior to the Membership Meeting. That opportunity has now ended and the form has now closed. Anyone who submitted an intent to run from the floor will be invited to participate at the appropriate time within the meeting.