PTA Reflections is a nationally acclaimed student recognition program to encourage artistic creativity in the classroom and at home. Students of all grades and abilities may participate and explore the arts based on the 2021-2022 theme: I Will Change The World By...
Students may choose one or all of the available arts categories:
The arts—and the National PTA Reflections program—support student success and serve as a valuable tool for building strong partnerships in your school community. Celebrate arts learning in your school community with Reflections.
2021-22 Reflections Contest
Each year, the National PTA Reflections program offers local, regional, state and national opportunities for young artists in PreK through Grade 12 to be recognized for their creativity.
- Primary: Preschool – Grade 2
- Intermediate: Grades 3-5
- Middle School: Grades 6-8
- Special Artist: All grades welcome
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Visit the 2018-2019 Reflections Gallery to see examples of entries from a previous year.
Reflections Program Timeline
Student Entry Deadline at the Local level: All entries must be turned in to the art teacher in the Art Room, by Thursday Oct 22, 2021.
Reflections Reception: On November 4, 2021 at 5:45pm (prior to the PTA Membership Meeting) the students whom participated will be honored for their achievements.
Advancing Entry Deadline at the Council/Regional level: Due Date for Allen ISD Reflections Submissions to Allen ISD Council of PTAs is TBD.
Advancing Entries to Texas PTA: Entries advancing to Texas PTA from the Council or Regional Coordinators will be contacted with more information.
Advancing Entries to National PTA: Texas PTA advances selected entries in 2022.
2021-22 Reflections Call for Entries
The search is on for a future National PTA Reflections theme!
The Reflections theme changes every year, and we need your students’ suggestions! Each state selects five student theme suggestions to advance to national-level judging. National PTA then selects one exceptional theme to inspire creativity for the following year’s PTA Reflections program. The student winner will receive $100 and recognition at the Annual National PTA Convention!
There is no limit to how many different themes you can enter. When suggesting a theme, these are the items that judges take into consideration:
- Theme is unique, inspiring and unlike past program themes.
- Theme is focused without being too narrow or too broad.
- Theme is clear, concise and appropriate for all grade levels.
- Theme is applicable to all arts categories.
- Theme promotes PTA values.
- Theme is relevant in 2 years.
- Past themes and duplicate entries are not considered.
Reflections Theme Search Entry Form – Deadline for submission is TBD
Results From the 2020-2021 Reflections Theme Search
I Matter Because... is the winning theme submitted by Rylee Stier, from Burney Elementary School PTA in Burney, California! Rylee will receive a prize of $100 from National PTA.
Results From the 2021-2022 Reflections Theme Search
And congratulations to the winner of the 2021-2022 annual Theme Search Contest, Lydia Keel, from Spanish Fork Junior High School PTSA in Utah. Thanks to Lydia's submission, the 2021-2022 Reflections theme will be I Will Change the World By...
Questions?? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org